To be watched with a cup or Earl Grey Tea or a glass of Champagne and some cucumber sandwiches to be served at the interlude:
Chantal’s Cucumber sandwiches – make as close as possible to the time of consumption:
- 1 cucumber
- 1 loaf Hovis sliced wholemeal bread
- 1 pack of full fat cream cheese
- fresh ground salt and pepper
Peel and slice cucumber, I like to use my OXO Mandoline slicer.
- Spread each piece of bread with cream cheese
- Cover every other piece with with cucumber, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and finish with the slice of bread
- Cut off crusts, cut into fingers or triangles.